Sunday, July 22, 2007

Accidental Chicken...

I was cooking my usual roaster oven butterflied chicken, and had set the time for 45 minutes at 425F. After a while, I asked Hana to check the timer, and she said it had expired. So I went ahead and turrned the chicken skin up to roast for another 30 minutes after basting it with some Pam and more ground black pepper. But then (horrors!) I saw the timer showing another 15 minutes... ahh, Hana had looked at the wrong timer (we had two). Pah suggested that I add that 15 minutes to the 30, making it 45 minutes for the chicken to roast skin up.

The result? Perfect Roasted Chicken, melts in your fingers... The recipe is now called Accidental Hana Chicken... :)


Recipe?

Accidental Hana Chicken

One whole, medium sized chicken, cleaned, dried and butterflied along the middle of the breast. Ground black pepper, salt, tumeric, two tbsp mayo, one tsp lime juice, one tbsp sambal olek, a dash of dried chives. Smoother the whole mess all over the chicken and put in ready heated roaster oven set at 425F. Skin down. A spray of Pam before closing the lid and timing it for 30 minutes. Flip chicken skin up at the bell. Baste with Pam and a bit more of the ground black pepper. Time for another 45 minutes, same 425F. Switch off at the bell, and wait 15 minutes before lifting oven lid and taking chicken out.

Good Luck..



-------------
* Please click on image for larger view.

1 comment:

Pa Alisya said...

AH Chicken...patent it and jual kat chicken outlet. "Soft & tender even your grandma would love it."