
I wasn't thinking about going anywhere on my last full day on Malaysian soil. My thoughts were of Indiana, the family there and Fall semester at CCAC. But at 8:15, as I was coming down the stairs, Zak said he and Idah were taking me out, for breakfast, last minute groceries, and perhaps a stroll into the Mines: a Mall with a man-made canal in between the rows of shops. Pah had been there before; they said I should, too.

So yes, we hunted for the rare spices at hideouts only Kajang locals would know about and found them.

And I had my last teh tarik and nasi dagang.


On the way back to Zak's house, we also looked for boxes. One place we went to was that fast-change tire shop that had that Pomelo tree.

At mid-morning, Jaa called to postpone his 2:00 pm rendezvous to 8 - 9 pm, so that meant that I then had the afternoon freed up. The MInes was beaconing me...
But we really had to repackm and weigh, the bags first!


It took us about half an hour to complete the job. Roughly speaking, I had a 29, 21 and 20 kilo set of baggage, and a hand luggage of 14 kilo.

Not bad.. I could actually shop another 20 kilos worth of goodies.. haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment