Saturday, September 23, 2006

Puasa Begins..

The Oakland mosque had announced the Ramadhan as beginning Saturday. There was no announcement for Indiana but since plans for the first (Saturday) Iftar at the masjid were being made yesterday (Friday), we were assuming that Indiana fasts Saturday, too.
So we tuned our alarms for Sahur before bed. The night was long, and drizzly, and cool, and when the time came, the kids wouldn't wake up, as usual. But they were good enough to be down in ten minutes.

Twenty minutes was a good chunk of time for munching the food and drink down, and then, the customary Chessmen cookies were given out. I predicted 'Busyuk" and yes, I got a bishop's head.

Wasil got a king, and Hamzah got a horsey...

Pah got a Queen. I think Luqman got a pawn. Hana? Another busyuk. And they (minus the mum!) were all promised 25 cents for every fasting day accomplished.
Oh, and I still owe them big time from last year. I could not remember how much each of them were getting. Could someone enlighten me??

No comments: