Sunday, September 03, 2006

Briyani Gam (again), and Concorde Inn


After the Mines, everybody was tired and hungry. Zak drove to BBBangi and stpped at the Briyani Gam place, where every BG was only RM5:00. I asked Zak why the name. He said it had something to do with sealing the lid of the rice-cooker shut with paste, or gum, during the cooking process.

Nice. I had sirap bandung with my BG. There was space for the six of us, even though there were many customers.
I had my VIP bags with me so the large crowd made me very cautious.
After the delicious meal, we stopped for solat at the Pertonas station nearby. I did not, banking on my musafir status.
We then proceeded to Concorde Inn, where I checked in as a guest of Zak the JKR officer, and that saved me, on paper, RM40.00. But I still had to deposit rm200.00 as security, which pissed me off! Zak handed me that fifty I didn't and so, finally, we were at 1127 with my luggage. Tipped the bellboy rm3. He shouldv't gotten more, but I was on a budget..

No comments: