Sunday, August 20, 2006

Still 15th -- Nite at Aza's -- again



I'd told him earlier that I needed to stay at his place overnite. A few things were bugging me, and only streamyx braodband could help.. and he had WiFi...

I took some time to rest in the room (Durrah's bedroom) Jee let me have. At 4:00 , I called JPN SP and was told that Wasil's MyKad was found. Yahoo. Told Amin about it. He was elated, as well. So now I have another stop to make on my way tro Taiping, SP and the JPN pickup.

But by five, I was ready to leave. Jee was also leaving for a soccer trial, so we both got out after a drink of hot teh susu. I took my time, allowing Jee to overtake me at Tassoh. It's that orange wira again..
Aza was watering the plants and smoking a stogie when I arrived. I was hot and sweaty, and ready for a shower. But I took the bags in, came back out and stayed with Aza as he drowned his plants. We talked about things. He showed me a plant that was his dad's favorite -- some beany annual popular with curry. Atia, the wife, returned from work, and promptly left with one son to Quran School. She later came back with cubadak and a few other goodies for tea.

News at the tea table included the possibility of Atia having a month stint at a location in the US, so Aza and she had questions which I was glad to answer.


I hooked up to the Net, read my ccac emails and got worried about a particular one regarding ESL placements. That feeling dragged into the night, unfortunately, even when we were having dinner at one of the medans near the Bukit Lagi roundabout. It also drizzled as we were leaving. The cook and the cooking were both forgettable.

Night time; Aza kept me company as I logged on his Streamyx and had a long, long chat with Pah. The TV was showing "The Aviator", a movie about Howard Hughes which I have not watched before. Interesting movie -- crazy character, that Hughes was. Aza's spirits were as low as ever. He's always saying that he needs to get out of uitm. I hope he makes the right move..

We folded at almost two. I wasn't sure how I was going to get up in the morning. But I did, when the clouds broke and rained before dawn.

No comments: