
Well, well, well... so it happened again. I stopped by Tapah R&R, finally succumbing to my need for a pit stop. The rest area there was more of an open garden concept, and I liked it. Washed my face, head and hands; combed and dried my self before heading for food. The koaytiow place on my right, maybe, but I decided to turn left at the last minute and looked for the familiar kolonel sign. There it was, beside Baskin Robbins. Joined the queue. An Arab family was on the line beside mine, and they were contemplating their order. I already know what I wanted -- that two piece meal and drink.
I noticed a group of people enjoying their chicken at a table on my left. The bigger guy was obviously enjoying his meal. There was something about him.. But I was wondering why my line wasn't moving, and the Japanese couple behind me was also thinking aloud, and that was also a distraction.
Then, as my turn was approaching, the group I was looking at earlier got up and passed by me. I said to my self, "That's Suhaimi Sulaiman!", and promptly followed the group. I grabbed the last guy, pointed to his leader, and asked, "Is that Suhaimi?". He said "yes", so I went up to the washbowl beside Suhaimi, and said "Suhaimi?" with a very wide grin. He looked and said, "Yeah?" "I'm Wahi"... and he instantly remembered...
WE had 15 minutes together, with his crew..one another ex-kolek, the other, an ex-USM and Ami Zulaikha's and KT Rajan's ex-student.. so yes, we caught up a bit.
Su, I'd called him then, was my partner as MCKK's library prefect, rostering together an evening a week there. I was then in Lower Six, and he was in 4th. But we were the best of friends, even if only for two years. His favourite word? "Jinguwear". But I have no clue now what it had meant...
Thanks for the ice-cream, Su!
No comments:
Post a Comment